Monday 1 June 2020

Kebab Palace - Upper Mt Gravatt



I may have mentioned before, since the lockdown started, the highlight of my week has been going on grocery runs while trying to find some restaurants to get take away from (when I'm finally sick of trying to cook). Last week we tried out Kebab Palace, which has long been on my radar, since we ran a couple of errands at Garden City. Situated in Palmdale, it was a stone's throw away from Garden City. Arriving at around 6pm, there was a fair amount of customers who had already placed their order and awaited food outside, as well as a considerable line inside. 



It took around 15 minutes for our food to be prepared, fairly quick given the number of orders before us. It also took every ounce of self control for us not to start touching the food before we got home with it. 


First up, this was the Mixed Shish. Comprising of both chicken and lamb skewer with Turkish bread, salad and rice, it was a whole meal on its own. I really liked how well the meats were seasoned, especially the flavoursome lamb, but I enjoyed the chicken more for its' moisture retention. The turkish bread was lighter and thinner than I had at other places but went well with the dipping sauces. I haven't had this kind of long grain rice before, but it was quite tender albeit coarse.



Next was the Cheese Pide, which I had heard quite a bit about. I was afraid that by the time we got home, it would no longer be stringy, but this was definitely unfounded. The bread was super soft and fluffy, almost like a warm and toasty cloud stuffed with melty cheese. It was everything I had hoped for and more.


Lastly, we couldn't resist getting the Lamb Halal Snack Pack. With a strong craving for chips, I was mildly surprised that over half the box was shaved lamb. Dr L was very pleased with this and it satisfied his love of lamb. I found the meat to be a little on the dry side, but this was rectified withi sauce, making for a delicious meaty snack.

Price Range: $15 - $25pp

Taste: 8/10
Value: 8/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: N/A
Kebab Palace Mangal & Pide Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment