Monday 22 June 2020

Love Malatang - Sunnybank


Those who have been reading my blog for a while now may remember that the first Malatang that I went to was Love Malatang in Runcorn Plaza, a couple years ago, before the concept became mainstream. Since then, the store has held a soft spot in my heart (mainly because it was one of the few Malatang that had a completely non spicy option to their soup), and I was quite pleased when they opened a second branch closer to home at Sunnybank Plaza, replacing Sichuan Deli which was also a Malatang restaurant. 




As usual, we got a bowl at the door and started loading up on food. Prices were $36 per kg which is in line with market value. There was a bit more variety of toppings than the usual basic meat and vegies, I liked the addition of offal such as tripe and intestine. The meats were however, quite fatty.


In accordance with procedure, we ordered and got a number each.



Sauces were again DIY. The variety wasn't immense, but it was enough. I made my usual garlic soy concoction. These days my companions seem to enjoy sesame sauce with their noodles, so they had that.


 


Our meals came out fairly quickly and it turns out all of us opted for the non spicy soup, ironic when Malatang translates directly to Numbing Spicy Soup. 



Determined to order noodles that I don't have much at home, I had a bowl of potato noodles with some mushrooms, tofu and meat. The noodles were wonderfully tender with just the right amount of bounce. The meat, as mentioned before was a bit fattier than expected and a tad overcooked too. I did however consistently enjoy the depth and flavours of the broth, but the Runcorn store is definitely tastier.

Price Range: $15 - $25pp

Taste: 7/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 7/10


Love Malatang Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment