Thursday 4 June 2020

Ramen Danbo - Sunnybank Hills



Nothing better in winter than a steaming hot bowl of ramen. Was really pleased when I heard that Ramen Danbo decided to open in Sunnybank Hills, a quick 10 minute drive from my house, so we went to check it out. With a menu identical to their South Brisbane Store, I really liked the fact that you could customise your soup and noodles.


 

Ordering upon entry to the store, we were given a number and found ourselves a seat. Unfortunately the bar seats where you could enjoy ramen overlooking the kitchen were not available at that point in time. 



It took a little while for our food to arrive, despite the fact that there weren't too many customers in the store. My companion ordered the Classic Ramen with Nitamago, firm noodles and less oily soup. The bowl itself wasn't too big, but it was definitely hot and filling, the noodles were just the texture she had wanted but the eggs were a little overdone with the  yolks partially cooked through.



Wanting a bit of a change, I had the Se Abura Ramen with it's decadent pork back fat, standard noodles and soup. Again the eggs were a little overdone for my taste with a partially powdery yolk. The soup though was extremely rich and delightful with a lot of depth and flavour to it, although I was definitely quite thirsty afterwards. I also quite enjoyed the tender meat which broke up even as I lifted it with my chopsticks. Definitely a place to come back to soon!

Price Range: $15 - $25pp

Taste: 7/10
Value: 8/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 8/10

Ramen Danbo Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment