Friday 10 June 2022

Annerley Fish and Chips - Woolloongabba


Readers may have noticed that I haven't had food delivery in some time. With fuel and food prices going up, the last time I ordered a meal, it sat on the counter for around an hour before they found a driver. I guess it was a bid to reinvigorate the service, but I recently received a bundle of deliveroo vouchers, so it was time to try them out again. Ordering with some time in advance, it actually got here on time and I had a fresh and hot lunch from Annerley Fish and Chips down the road.


We had the Combo for two. It was smaller than I expected but they did fit quite a lot of food into that little box. It comprised of two pieces of crumbed cod, two calamari rings, two potato scallops, two seafood bites and two seafood sticks with chips and lemon.


Even taking my half into a separate plate, it was a huge amount of food. Despite the delivery, it was hot but not moist and steamed. The seafood was reasonably fresh and not fishy, the batter was thin and crisp too. Of all the pieces of seafood, my favourite would have been the cod with its delicious flakey texture. I also enjoyed the potato scallop more than I thought I would, given its tempura battered crunchy exterior. Overall this was a very good deal and arguably it tasted better than our local. Will come back later for some more soon.

Price Range: $10 - $20pp

Taste: 8/10
Value: 8/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: N/A
 

No comments:

Post a Comment