Saturday 25 June 2022

Sendok Garpu - Brisbane CBD


Recently there have been quite a few developments happening in Fudo Dori. Both Hachi Yakiniku and Koto Sanpo are moving out, albeit only to next door and there's a new opening for Sendok Garpu from their old store in Indooroopilly to the old Na Bangkok spot. 


I'm not a huge fan of Indonesian food but since I saw some posts about their soft opening special, I was keen to try it out. 



A coworker and I arrived just past 11.30am. There was already a small line, but it moved fast. By the time we left, there was quite a long line. There were only two staff but they were efficient whilst friendly. The food was entirely pre cooked so all it required was some assembly upon ordering.


For $12.50, you got rice and three sides along with a drink. My coworker went with some vegetarian options and had a vege curry, deep fried tofu curry and some eggplant. Although not particularly good value because she didn't order the meat options, the taste was well received.


 

Mine had a fair amount more meat by comparison. I had the chilli egg which was deep fried and doused in spicy red sambal. It was crispy on the outside and hard boiled on the inside. I also had some beef tripe curry. It came with only one piece of tripe but that piece was fairly big and it was quite tender. The fried chicken wasn't too crispy and it was also doused in some curry sauce. I found their curry to be quite mild and went with the rice well. The added sambal was optional for more heat if desired. I did find that their rice to topping ratio was a bit off, but for the price, it was still great value. It also came with a packet of sweetened jasmine tea which was quite refreshing. I will definitely be back after their soft opening to see what else they offer.

Price Range: $12 - $20pp

Taste: 8/10
Value: 9/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment