Tuesday 7 June 2022

Three Kingdoms - Brisbane CBD


Ever since I started my new job at the end of last year, I've had to go home via the bus at Myer. This meant passing by Three Kingdoms every afternoon and smelling their fragrant beef soup as I await the bus. Every day I remind myself that I should make time to try it but day after day I bring packed lunch. Well last week I finally put my foot down and decided to try it out for once and for all.



Despite not being in either of the food courts, it was surprisingly quite full at lunch time. The menu comprised of signature Maocai, which turns out to be more or less a different variation of Malatang. There were also some standard noodle dishes and sides. Keen for the beef noodle, that's what I went for. I ordered at the counter, cutlery and water is available on a self serve basis.




Despite the significant amount of customers, my food came fairly quickly.


This was the beef noodle, I was quite taken aback on it's size as it was quite small. The bowl was very shallow and it only contained two pieces of beef, some veggies and a hand full of noodles. I could have easily eaten two bowls. Taste wise, the beef was fragrant, soft and flavoursome. The noodles were also tender and complimented the soup really well. I just wish there was more.


It was very lucky that I had ordered a side of braised tofu, otherwise I really would have had to get a second lunch. The tofu was firm and well marinated with dark soy and other delicious seasonings. It was a little spicy. Again the portion was very small given what I had paid. 

Overall it was good to satisfy my curiosity, the food was good but the portions meant that I will not be coming back.


Price Range: $20 - $30pp

Taste: 8/10
Value: 4/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 7/10




 

No comments:

Post a Comment