Sunday 19 June 2022

Lemak - East Brisbane


Another night at home alone whilst Dr L was out indulging in a work conference dinner. Luckily for me, this week I had the benefit of a few Deliveroo vouchers to keep using so at least I could tick another place off my list whilst he was out. That night I decided to try out Lemak, which I had been tossing up going in person or getting delivered for some time now. Ordering was smooth and the food came earlier than expected which was great.


It came well packaged other than the icy cold drink being tied in the same bag with the hot food. Thankfully the drive wasn't too long and the food was still very hot and not steamed by the time it arrived.


I was most interested in trying their fried chicken nasi lemak. The chicken was crisp and hot. The batter was like the hot and spicy chicken from KFC except it wasn't spicy. The pieces of chicken were fresh and well marinated. There was also a generous amount of coconut rice. Unfortunately the rice was quite broken and mushy for my taste. Although not apparent in the photo, it came topped with the usual anchovies, peanuts and half an egg as well as some curry. It made for good value.


On the side, I had two pieces of plain roti with some curry sauce for dipping. The roti was nowhere near as light and fluffy as freshly made ones outside. It tasted more akin to frozen ones that I could reheat at home. I did however quite enjoy the mild dipping sauce which was quite wholesome and moreish.


My combo came with spring rolls. There isn't too much to say about them other than the fact that they arrived warm and still crisp, which was great. They had an ample amount of veggies inside and went well with the added sweet chilli sauce. 

Price Range: $15 - $20pp


Taste: 7/10
Value: 9.5/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: N/A

No comments:

Post a Comment