Wednesday 8 April 2015

Hanaichi - Brisbane CBD


One of the things I strongly believe we have a shortage of in the CBD, are conveyor belt sushi restaurants. Aside from Hanaichi, there is one in the bottom floor of Myer Centre, but I went there once years ago, and was quite disappointed with the food. As such, the only one that I find acceptable at the moment is Hanaichi. (I know Sushi Edo is being built as we speak, I have great hopes for it.)


Seating is simple, you can either sit near the conveyor belt, or at a separate table and order food. I usually sit at the belt. I started off with a Green Tea, the tea here is pretty strong, not the best I've had in Brisbane, but definitely not the worst.

In terms of my evaluation of the food, I will list out what I've tried and give an overall summary at the end rather than repeat myself for every dish.

 

I started off with the Salmon Avocado with Onion Nigiri.



This is the Unagi Nigiri


Next I tried the Salmon Nigiri.


This was the Crumbed Prawn Nigiri.


I also tried their Soft Shell Crab Roll.


I finished off with the Salmon Hand Roll.

I'll start with the Hand Roll. It looked impressive on the offset, but this is because most of the toppings were on the top of the roll. The bottom was pretty much just rice. I do like the added touch of  Tobiko on the top, but on the other hand, it also needed a bit of mayonnaise. 

Overall, in terms of the sushi at Hanaichi, I found the rice to topping ratio pretty decent. The texture of the rice is nice, being short grain rice (as it should be), and it wasnt over cooked or under cooked. The seasoning was pretty nice as well. I found the salmon and eel to be decently thick cut, and quite fresh. I liked the fact that the unagi was rather warm and comforting.

Price wise, sushi is never really that cheap, but hanaichi is one of the more economical alternatives in my opinion, and the serving sizes are decent for the price you pay.

Price Range: $20 - $40 per person (depending on how hungry you are)

Taste: 7.5/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 8/10




Hanaichi Sushi Bar + Dining on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Great Information sharing .. I am very happy to read this article .. thanks for giving us go through info.Fantastic nice. I appreciate this post.
    check it out

    ReplyDelete