Tuesday 14 April 2015

Movenpick - Southbank


Having purchased an Entertainment Book last April, I am very conscious of the fact that the deals are due to expire on 1 June 2015. Accordingly, I had quite a rush to use as many as I can before they expire. One of the places on my list was Movenpick. Usually we went to the branch situated near San Churro on Charlotte Street, but since it closed down, we had no option but to trek to Southbank to get Ice Cream.


The shop is quite small, and has both outdoor and indoor seating. Again I opted for indoor seating.



There were quite a large selection of flavours available, but I note that they did not offer green tea, which has become available in all other ice cream places I frequent (Gelatissimo, Gelare, Bar Boo...). Anyway, as per the voucher, we were able to get a buy one get one free tasting basket. I went with two other people, because I was not confident that two people would be able to demolish six scoops of ice cream. Two scoops each seemed like a much more achievable outcome. I note that the two tasting baskets came in two individual waffle cups, but between the three of us (who are not as close to be sharing saliva), we would have liked an additional plate or paper cup for us to separate the two. When we requested this, we were initially denied, and when I persisted, we were told it would cost an extra $2 for a paper cup. I was quite disappointed in this service to be honest.



The two tasting baskets were served after a short while, and I ended up separating my two scoops into the cream dishes. 


The first basket contained Cappuccino, Tiramisu and Creme Brulee flavours.


The second one had Vanilla, Strawberry and Swiss Chocolate.

I had the Tiramisu and the Cappuccino. The tiramisu was quite nice and had bits of biscuit pieces mixed into the ice cream, but the Cappuccino one had pieces of ice in the ice cream, which was a definite let down.

I guess I'll stick to Gelare next time I'm looking for an ice cream fix in Southbank then.

Price Range: $5 - $15 per person 

Taste: 4/10 (really not up to standard for what should be gourmet ice cream)
Value: 7/10 (because we had a discount)
Service: 4/10 (a spare plate could have made us happy customers, but they even denied us that)
Environment: 7/10



Mövenpick on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment