Sunday 24 April 2016

Zen Corner - Sunnybank


As a HongKonger, my most favourite of all the Hong Kong style snacks would be without a doubt 雞蛋仔, which traditionally translated as egg waffles, but have recently been called eggettes. On my other trips across the nation, I would often hunt down stores that sell it, such as Comebuy in Sydney. My readers can imagine my joy when I heard that Zen Corner at Sunnybank decided to start selling them. Without hesitation, we headed there immediately.


Next to their restaurant, they set up a sort of snack bar, which serves drinks, sausages, dumplings and eggettes. I note that the eggettes came in original, and a number of other flavours. 


Ordering at the counter, we were given a buzzer.


We got to watch as the eggettes were made on the hot griddle and waited as they cooled slightly before being served.


My companion and I ordered 2 portions, one was original and the other was coffee. Having seen some pictures that other customers took online, I can say that they have definitely improved on their presentation, and were not overcooked. The flavours were also quite authentic, however the texture still needed a bit of improvement, as it felt more like a waffle than springy eggettes (my companion was noting how nice it would have been if served with ice cream). Nevertheless, I am very happy that finally we can get it in Brisbane, and hopefully they can adjust their formulas to change the textures in the coming weeks. 

Price Range: $4.50 - $5 for eggettes

Taste: 7/10
Value: 8/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 8/10

Zen Corner Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment