Saturday 20 May 2017

D's Sizzling - Sunnybank Hills


Being quite a fan of David's Sizzling from Little Taipei, I was somewhat shocked to see their closure a couple months ago. This was then replaced by relief when I saw that they had reopened at Pinelands Centro in the slot which previously held Secret beef. Needing to satisfy my craving for steak, we headed there for a quick weekday dinner.


There were perhaps a dozen tables inside, and it was around half full that evening. We got one of the high set tables with bar stools. 

  

Compared to the old menu at David's Sizzling, the menu here has been vastly expanded to include not just steak, but also pasta and rice dishes. Having said that, there was only one thing on my mind that evening. 


Our sides came shortly after ordering. I was thrilled to see the return of my favourite garlic bread in all of Brisbane. It was just as I had remembered, with a super crunchy exterior and a deliciously fluffy interior surrounded by tasty garlic butter. The corn soup was not too creamy but a little too sweet for my liking, but my companions enjoyed theirs very much.


 

Drinks that day included my companion's oolong milk tea and my watermelon juice. Her tea was a little weak and very sugary, but my watermelon juice was delicious and refreshing.


My first companion had the creamy chicken pasta, which she considered small for the price paid, but was still quite impressed by the parmesan and fish roe on top. The pasta was not fresh or homemade, but we would be naive to expect it from an Asian Steakhouse. The chicken was slightly fried before being mixed in with the pasta, it was quite delicious and slightly crunchy on the outside, although a bit salty.


My other companion had the salmon fillet. It came out fully cooked, but also served on a hotplate, served with the usual egg and spaghetti. She noted that the portion of salmon was huge (which I definitely agreed), but was poorly marinated (if any). She relied on mostly the salt and pepper shakers to give it more taste.


I had the rib fillet, cooked rare and topped with pepper sauce. The steak was also quite large, juicy and tender, and also cooked perfectly rare. I enjoyed the pepper sauce immensely due to its flavour and spiciness. As mentioned, the pasta wasn't fresh, so it was not as filling as I have now been accustomed to, but it was ample for its purpose. The tomato sauce was quite homey, and the egg had a delicious crispy edge to it. For the price, I consider it to be excellent value.

Price Range: $15 - $25pp

Taste: 8/10
Value: 8/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 7/10

D's Sizzling House Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment