Wednesday 17 May 2017

Vue Lounge - New Farm


Having read the stunning review of Vue Lounge from the delightful Meatballs and Beef Cheeks, it has long been on my list of places to try. Catching up with Queen V over brunch made for an excellent opportunity for us to try it out.


Arriving at 9.30am, we got one of the last tables available. Thankfully it was indoors, but still very bright. The place was super busy and lively with people enjoying their weekend brunch.


Menus and water were provided promptly. They had quite a substantial coffee and tea menu (including a magic coffee, which made me very curious, but alas I didn't try it this time), and a very detailed all day menu, that had the build your own breakfast option, which I am very fond of.


I settled for the large cappucino, which came in a somewhat small cup for a "large" size, but was assured by the waitress that this was indeed their large. I found it to be sufficiently strong and chocolate-y with milk that could be a little creamier. Next time I'll definitely try the Magic Coffee instead.


With a big day out for us planned, we settled on a shared breakfast board, with an extra side of avocado. Wanting the eggs to be poached instead of fried, I was a little surprised to see the two fried eggs with an extra poached egg on the side. Splitting the portion into two plates, there was still a substantial amount of food for one person. I particularly loved the pork belly which was tender, soft and well seasoned. It melted in my mouth. The choizo was a little burnt, but I liked the spiciness. The fried eggs had a nice crispy edge around it, which is the way I like, whilst the mushrooms were also delicately seasoned to perfection. Needless to say this was the perfect way to start the day.


Price Range: $20 - $30

Taste: 8.5/10
Value: 8/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 8/10

Vue Lounge Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment