Wednesday 24 May 2017

Espresso & Matcha's Piquant Pilgrimage: Sydney - Phoenix Phuong Hoang


After a long long day, we found ourselves hungry and tired at 3pm. Driving through Cabramatta, my guide mentioned that this would be a good place to stop for pho. Without doing too much research we just ran into the first restaurant we saw after parking (hence my lack of storefront photo).


Being so late in the day, we ordered immediately after being presented with the menu. There was little time for any indecisiveness and I settled on the rare beef pho. At 3pm, we were the only table in the restaurant, and service was very friendly and attentive. Our sprouts came almost immediately after ordering.


We were given a pot of complimentary Jasmine tea, which really calmed us down. I loved how refreshing and fragrant it was.


Our pho arrived very quickly, and interestingly in a square bowl (to date I've only ever had it in a round bowl before). For about $10, the portion was huge and filling. The soup was one of the strongest I've had, and had a very intense beefy flavour to it. The sliced beef was a little thicker than I would have preferred, but still very tender, and thankfully not very fatty.


To wash it all down, I had the hot white coffee, less sweet, so the manager put in less condensed milk. It took a while to filter down, but was amazingly strong and just what the doctor ordered. 

Price Range: $10 - $20pp

Taste: 8/10
Value: 9/10
Service: 9/10
Environment: 7/10

Phoenix Phuong Hoang Restaurant Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment