Wednesday 24 May 2017

Espresso & Matcha's Piquant Pilgrimage: Sydney - 67 Union Street Deli


Had my one and only cafe brunch in Sydney on this trip at the unassuming little cafe that is 67 Union St Deli in McMahon's point, near the Harbour. Arriving quite early in the day, I was surprised to see that almost all street parking was already taken. We ended up parking quite far and walking back to the store.


Despite the small entrance, the interior was quite spacious, with an apparent downstairs area as well.


The menu was very concise and covered a number of breakfast staples. We ordered at the counter.


I had the cappuccino, which had quite a low acidity and low bitterness, making it quite palatable. The cocoa was mixed into the foam, and I would have preferred a little more chocolatelyness though. Other than that, the coffee was quite strong, and made for a really good start of the day.


For my meal, I opted for the bacon and eggs. Still full from the hot pot from last night, I asked for them not to give me sourdough, and instead I had some mushrooms. I enjoyed the fried eggs with their crispy edges, and appreciated that it came already peppered. The bacon was a little too salty for my liking, and given that I like my bacon to be salty, this would be extremely salty for some. The mushrooms were deliciously seasoned, and complimented the eggs and bacon well.

Price Range: $15 - $25pp

Taste: 8/10
Value: 8/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 8/10

67 Union St Deli Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment