Friday 5 May 2017

Gong Cha - Brisbane CBD


Without a doubt, those who work in the CBD (like me) would have noticed the consistently long lines outside Gong Cha on Elizabeth street. Every time I have gone past, I was either in a rush to be somewhere else or my companion didn't have the patience to line up. So last week when I was waiting for a friend to show up after work, I made a point to head over there and do some investigation for once and for all.


Lining up, I realised immediately that the menu wasn't apparent from the outside, and we didn't get to see it until we were at the counter, which meant that everyone who ordered took a substantially longer time as they had to take time to decide what they want once they got to the counter. Arriving there, I noted that they had a large selection of drinks, but nothing particularly unusual compared to what would normally be found in a bubble tea place like Cha Time or Easyway.


Making my decision at the counter, I got a number and waited to be called. It took around 10 mins or so before my drink was made.


Opting for my usual, I had a Taiwanese Green Tea, without sugar or ice, to allow me to have more appreciation of the base flavours of the tea. To this, I found the tea to be very strong, but not as crisp in taste as I would have preferred, which made it a little underwhelming considering their popularity.


Price Range: approx $5pp

Taste: 5/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 6/10 (could be faster)
Environment: 6/10

Gong Cha Tea Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment