Thursday 24 August 2017

Greenglass - Brisbane CBD


With our rare opportunity to be working on the other end of town for a couple of days, I definitely took advantage of the situation and headed to Greenglass, which has long been on my list, but my extreme laziness had prevented me from walking across the city during the lunch hour. Going with Iron Fist, he was temporarily confused when I mentioned where I had intended to have our lunch, thinking that I had actually wanted to go the establishment next door instead ∑(O_O;). This misunderstanding was quickly addressed when I lead him up the dark stairs leading up to Greenglass.


In spite of the bustling exterior, the restaurant was relatively tranquil. I loved the difference in environment and the peaceful respite it provided.


 

We were presented very quickly with a drinks menu. I was slightly confused at the lack of a food menu to begin with, but this was clarified when the waiter came around with a chalkboard menu. Perhaps they change their food menu often. There were only a handful of options, but quite a few were captivating, and I liked the fact that they had a variety of light and heavier options.


Despite the variety of options, our decision was quick and unanimous. After a short wait, our food was soon delivered to our table.


My companion had the rib fillet steak frites, which he quite enjoyed, but also felt it wasn't rested well enough, seeing as he had ordered it medium rare, but ended up with a plate somewhat soaked with blood.


Mine was the smaller version of the Steak Frites, being the Sirloin cut. As usual, I ordered it rare, and it was done just as requested, with a deep pink centre. The steak was a little fatty for my liking, but at least it was all situated along one strip to the side, allowing me to remove it with ease. The steak itself was harder in texture than expected, but not overly chewy. I really enjoyed the pepper sauce, which was very sharp and had bite. The salad was fresh and could have done with a bit more vinegarette, and I really enjoyed the large portion of shoestring fries which were very crispy and tasted well with pepper sauce.

Price Range: $15 - $30pp

Taste: 8/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 7/10
Environment:8/10

Greenglass Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment