Tuesday 15 August 2017

Johnny Rockets - Fortitude Valley



Whilst some of my readers have heard me make mention of my travels in Asia, my travels across America and Canada have been less documented. Without giving too much away, I can say that it was an exercise of eating a week of fast food, which wasn't too enjoyable at the end. Having said that, what was really memorable for us was the burgers at Johnny Rockets. So when I heard that they decided to open one in Brisbane, it made its way to the top of my "eat list" and I went twice in quick succession.


Like all fast food joints, we ordered at the counter. Like the big sign outside indicated, they had a variety of burgers, sides and shakes for us to choose from.


We ordered, got a number and made our way to a table. Even at 4.30pm, it was half full, and customers were still happily munching away at their meals.


Since it was so late in the afternoon, I didn't have a burger on the first instance, opting for a coffee shake instead (I had a buffet in two hours and really didn't want to ruin my appetite too much).


My companion though, had the Rocket Single, containing a patty with melted cheese, lettuce, tomato and pickles. She really enjoyed it, considering it to be a well balanced burger that wasn't overly heavy.



My companion opted for a strawberry shake and I a coffee one. I tried a sip of hers and really enjoyed the fresh strawberry puree which was blended into the creamy blend of milky soft serve. My coffee one was incredibly smooth and rich, even without mixing the cream in. I really enjoyed it, but could have liked the shake to be less sweet but stronger in coffee. 



The second time I went I found some DIY tap water before sitting down with our number.


This time I opted for a Milo Milkshake. I really enjoyed the delicious melty milo in the milkshake, which was just as creamy as the coffee one I had the week before. 


My companion opted for the peanut butter milkshake in the large size. It came in the same glass that I had, but with considerably more in a steel milkshake cup. She also said that the milkshake was super smooth, but not very strong in peanut butter taste though.


My companion ordered the Southern Crispy Chicken burger, without tomatoes, so it just contained chicken, lettuce and mayonnaise with a side of chips. Despite the relative simplicity of the burger, she remarked that the chicken was extremely fresh, crunchy whilst maintaining its juiciness on the inside. 


I opted for the Bacon Cheddar, and resisted the temptation to get an extra patty. The burger was wonderfully delicious, with a tasty bun that was soft but denser than the Charboys milk bun. The patty was also cooked through, but still deliciously seasoned and crumbly, but what I enjoyed the best was the melted cheese on the patty, which formed a sort of glue with the crumbly patty. Both the tomato and the lettuce was fresh as well. As for my side of chips, the portion was quite generous, and whilst they weren't my preferred shoestring cut, they were extremely crunchy. 

Price Range: $15 - $25pp

Taste: 8.5/10
Value: 8.5/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 8.5/10

Johnny Rocket's Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment