Sunday 27 August 2017

Hot Star - Upper Mt Gravatt


There are few greater joys in life than fried chicken, and despite the hype for Korean Chicken, early readers will remember that there is nothing I love more than Taiwanese Fried Chicken, which has and will always be my one and only favourite fried chicken. Having heard that they opened a store in Garden City, I made immediate and plans to go.


Their menu had quite a selection of items, but of course, they were all fried, but included chicken, and vege options, with larger items being separated from sides. 


Ordering three combos, we were quite pleased to see a selection of Asian drinks rather than the usual soft drink options. So of course, we settled on getting them rather than a generic coke. I opted for a milk tea, whilst my companions had a guava tea and a peach tea.


Like in their Sunnybank store, we were given some plastic bags for us to collect and hold our order when it came out after around 15 mins. 


 

As usual, I ordered a piece of fried chicken fillet with seaweed powder. The fillet was huge (as usual), and freshly fried. It was so hot that I was unable to hold the paper bag directly and rather had to hold it between napkins. It was super crunchy and deliciously seasoned with seaweed, salt and pepper, whilst maintaining a fresh juicy interior. It was really satisfying.


Another companion ordered the chicken bites which were also freshly fried. Sneaking a bite, they weren't as crispy as the chicken fillet, but just as moist and juicy. The seasoning was similar, but on the positive side, it was boneless, which is why my companion ordered it. 


Despite the variety of options, my pick of the sides was as per usual, curly fries. The fries were very crunchy and tasted as if it was double fried. The inside could be fluffier, but the curly novelty never wears off for me, and I really enjoyed it. 

Price Range: $10 - $15pp

Taste: 9/10
Value: 9/10
Service: 9/10
Environment: 7/10

Hot Star Large Fried Chicken Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment