Monday 21 August 2017

Iconic - Brisbane CBD


Was down on the other side of Brisbane for some serious business last week, but decided to grab a coffee with my colleague before starting on our gruelling two day session. Having done his research beforehand (of which I am very proud), my colleague suggested that Iconic was definitely the cafe that we needed to try, seeing as it had a secret garden at the back (despite the fact that we actually had no time to enjoy the garden).


Having been in quite the rush to leave home earlier in the morning, I was relieved to see their selection of sandwiches and pastries on display and promptly ordered one.






Despite the small shopfront, there was quite a spacious seating area out back, where I savoured my chocolate croissant whilst waiting for our coffees.


For an unheated croissant (I didn't have enough time to ask for it to be heated), it was still quite tasty. The pastry was still quite flaky but not as crisp as it would have been if heated though. I also enjoyed the bitter sweet dark chocolate, though wished there could have been a bit more.


Before long, our coffees were done and we had to be on our way. My companion, the self proclaimed Flat White Connoisseur who shall temporarily be known as The Immortal Iron Fist, opted for his flat white, and I my regular cappuccino. The coffee was very hot (almost scaldingly so), and very strong, but not sour or overly acidic, which I appreciated. The milk could have been richer, but it was a good cup and gave me a much needed wake up call.


Price Range: $5 - $10pp

Taste: 7.5/10
Value: 7.5/10
Service: 7.5/10
Environment: 7.5/10


Coffee Iconic Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. Your storytelling skills are top-notch! I felt like I was right there experiencing everything alongside you. Also view our Product - Kanabi Coffee

    ReplyDelete