Friday 11 October 2019

Christian Jacques Artisan Boulanger - Kangaroo Point


Always a fan of baked goods, I had heard a number of really great things about Christian Jacques which is situated near the main street of Kangaroo Point. Knowing how popular they were, I headed there as early as I could, within the reasonable limits of my lunch hour. 


Was fairly excited when I saw their menu listed on the blackboard. The nutella croissant especially caught my attention. 


Unfortunately for me, even though I got there by 11.30am, they were almost sold out. Only three types of items were left, and I got two to go. Interestingly enough, they didn't sell coffee. If they had, I would have enjoyed a pastry there rather than taking it away.


Regardless, it was a fairly short trip back to the office with my prize, which in turn gathered quite a few envious glances from my colleagues. 



Without a nutella croissant, I settled on getting a plain croissant, because when in doubt, always go for the original. I really enjoyed the light flaky pastry in the croissant, especially the fact that it wasn't overly buttery and decadent. I could probably have eaten quite a few of these in one sitting. 



Although not usually something I would order, I tried out a Pain au Raisin. Much like a danish pastry, it came with the distinctive swirl. A fair amount of raisins were added to it to result in a nice sweet balance to the buttery flavours. I would still prefer the croissant however, as it has a less dense texture.

Price Range: Under $10pp

Taste: 8/10
Value: 8/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 7/10
Christian Jacques Artisan Boulanger Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment