Saturday 5 October 2019

Ngon - Paddington


As another weekend rolls by, I find myself yet again in Paddington. Honestly, I should probably find myself a weekend home here, and then spend the rest of the week in the southside to get the best of both worlds. Having said that, today I was here for lunch, not breakfast. Having seen a fair bit about Ngon, a relatively new Vietnamese restaurant on Given Terrace lately, we decided to check it out.


I really liked the setup of the restaurant with its bright open spaces, especially the large window with a view out back.



The menu was concise and contained within one page on two sides. There were quite a few of the classics that we usually get as well as one or two new things I hadn't seen before. Service was fast and friendly.


 My companion ordered the Vietnamese Beef Stew, comprising of beef brisket stew in tomato base with aromatics, potato, carrots served with rice. The fragrant rice came in a super adorable woven basket. Beef was tender and flavoursome, my companion really enjoyed it.


  

Always one who loves classics, I opted for the Fur Beef Noodle Soup, Vietnamese beef soup, chefs selection beef cuts, thick rice noodles and hot herbs. The soup was fantastic, I really enjoyed its intense flavours, depth and complexity, I particularly liked how it didn't leave me thirsty after the meal. Noodles were fresh and silky smooth. Although I didn't have a say in what the chef's selection of beef cuts were, these were tender and delicious. I only wish the portion were a little larger.


Interluding with a Vietnamese Coffee, this was also really well received.



A definite first for me, the highlight of the meal was in fact dessert. This was the Vietnamese Iced Coffee Panna Cotta. Whilst the price wasn't cheap for a dessert, this was definitely worth it. Every layer had a different flavour profile, the texture was rich and creamy with a strong coffee taste, I enjoyed it to the last bite.

Price Range: $15 - $25pp

Taste: 9/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 8/10
NGON Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment