Sunday 24 May 2015

Boom Boom Burgers - Surfer's Paradise


Lately I received an invite to go to Boom Boom Burgers on Surfer's Paradise. It was a really lucky coincidence that I had a friend visiting from overseas, so we both got to try out Boom Boom Burgers together whilst taking him around the Gold Coast.

Boom Boom Burgers is situated on Chevron Island, which is a short walk from Cavill Avenue. It only recently opened three weeks ago, but has quite a social media presence. 


I noted the menu out from outside and took my time to peruse it thoroughly. I really liked how they had quite a diverse menu, encompassing not just burgers, but also hotdogs, salads, sides and tapas.

We were quite promptly attended to and seated upon arriving. We opted for inside seats as per my usual preference. 




The theme of the restaurant was decidedly American, with some really snazzy decor. 

Due to the fact we were invited guests of Boom Boom Burger, we took our time deciding what was probably most iconic on the menu. Kudos to the owner who saw our indecisiveness and came over to offer a friendly suggestion.


My friend had table water, whilst I had red bull.


It was served in a mason glass and served with ice, a nice touch compared to the usual drink in a can.


We started off with the Signature Puff Potatoes, with a side of Aioli. The puffs freshly fried and steaming hot! The outside was quite crisp and hard, and reminded me a bit of crab cream croquettes. The insides were really soft and fluffy. We really enjoyed it.



We shared the two burgers that we ordered. The first one I tried was the Pig Me Up. To be honest, I found the bun to be relatively average. I would have preferred a sourdough or brioche more, but I suppose it was to fit in with the American theme of the store. What blew me away though, as the 6 hour cooked pork belly. It melted in my mouth upon impact. I found the apple sauce and lettuce gave the burger an added depth. I found it to be quite delicious.




We also tried The Drunken Cow, which had an eye fillet soaked in whiskey as the main attraction. I was really impressed with how the beef was very tender. I usually dont like eating steaks in my burger for fear that tough ones are chew to break off, and I end up eating the whole steak and leaving the bun. I definitely did not have this issue with the Drunken Cow burger. The beef was very very tender, and infused with the strong taste of whiskey. The mustard seeds added quite a bit of zing to the burger, and the cheddar cheese was also really delicious. 

Whilst we were eating, we spied the next table across eating the signature smoking hot burger, which was served in a glass container. It was quite a spectacle being lifted off with smoke coming out. I will definitely try it next time I go there.

Price Range: $15 - $25 per person

Taste: 7.5/10
Value: 7.5/10
Service: 9/10
Environment: 8/10 (there were quite a few flies, which were distracting throughout lunch)


Espresso and Matcha were invited guests of Boom Boom Burger, but all opinions are our own.


Boom Boom Burger on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment