Friday 8 May 2015

Pablo - New Farm


Last Saturday was probably the first time in years that I woke up before midday on a weekend. Feeling awfully proud of how grown up it made me feel, I did the most grown up thing I could think of. I went out to have brunch.


We headed out to Pablo, which is situated on Brunswick Street near New Farm Park. 


We lined up at the door, and were seated quite quickly inside. 


We were given a high table and water. 


The menu is rather simple, consisting of one page. Mostly all of the options were really healthy foods that sounded quite alien to me.


The first to arrive was my flat white. My companions and myself were really quite impressed with how nice it looked. Indeed, I found the coffee to be strong, but velvety textured. It was definitely one of the better ones that I've had.


My companion ordered the watermelon mint frappe. It was refreshing and delicious by all accounts.


Our meals came next. My first companion ordered the toasted brioche burger with chicken, avocado and melted brie. It came with a with a mint, fennel, cucumber salad  on the side. My companion said that it was one of the best burgers she's had. It was also probably one of the healthiest burgers that I've ever seen.


My other companion ordered the Savoury Mince, with chorizo, bacon, cherry tomatoes & baby spinach. I ended up getting to eat half of this. I loved how flavoursome and the mince was, despite my initial hesitations on whether it would be overpowering for breakfast. I liked how it was mildly spicy, and really appreciated how nice the tomato mixed into the mince. It would have been divine if used in lasagna. The egg was also fried nicely, with the yolk nice and runny, but the whites cooked well. 


On the other hand, feeling very pleased with how responsible I had been all morning, I opted for a healthy choice of Avocado on toasted sourdough with grilled haloumi. I shared half of it with my friend who offered me half of her savoury mince. I found it to be very light and refreshing. The toppings were very generous and a lot of it fell off the toast actually. The tang of the tomatoes complemented the avocado and haloumi perfectly. The toast was also nice and crunchy on the outside, but soft and fluffy on the inside.


Overall, we had a great time at Pablo. Although I dont usually get up early enough to have brunch, it was definitely an experience I would hope to be able to repeat sometime.


Price Range: $15 - $25 per person

Taste: 8/10
Value: 8/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 8/10


Pablo on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment