Saturday 8 November 2014

Ichiban Yakitori - Brisbane CBD


In pursuing my quest to eat at all the places in Gresham Lane, my most recent target was Ichiban Yakitori which caught my attention after my dinner at Birds Nest Yakitori. 


I ordered the Gyoza, and the Yakitori Special. In terms of Gyoza, It quite good but not as good as Harajuku Gyoza. The skin was relatively thin, and the insides were nice and juicy, but the bottom could have been crispier. The sauce was also really enjoyable too.


For $7.90, the Yakitori Special was a good deal, the rice was of good quality, there could have been a bit more sauce for the quantity of rice, The three skewers provided were chicken, chicken and capsicum and minced chicken. I liked the minced chicken meatballs the best because of its unusual texture. The coleslaw on the side was fresh and yummy. I dont usually have salad and rice together, but in this instance it was a good combination.

Price Range: $7-$15 per person

Taste: 7/10
Value: 8/10
Service: 6/10
Environment: 5/10 (not enough seating provided in limited alleyway)


Ichiban Yakitori on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment