Saturday 22 November 2014

The Bench - Brisbane CBD


A while ago, I was at the Federal Court for business. The trial was long and arduous, and we were relieved when we had a temporary adjournment for lunch. Not wanting to go very far, we went across the road to a little cafe called 'The Bench', which I take to be a pun on the judicial bench.


It was relatively busy that day with a number of people lining up to order food.



The coffee and food came out quickly. For $3.50 it was a good deal, but could have been a bit stronger.


Lunch of the day was Quiche, it was served with Caesar Salad and chips.


Our associate had a chicken burger, it was the same as my beef burger (below), in all aspects, aside from the shredded chicken inside. I was a bit impressed by this, because I was expecting a chicken patty in it.


This was my beef burger, which was also served with Chips and Salad. The beef itself reminded me strongly of my high school canteen burgers. Other than that I enjoyed the bun, and the salads were fresh, although I would have preferred it to be served with sauce. The chips were hot as well.

I suppose that the bench has found a niche market for those attending court and needing food during the brief adjournments, it was definitely speedy, efficient and good value, although it is definitely not gourmet. But given the circumstances, it was definitely a good option.

Price Range: $10 - $15 per person

Taste: 5/10
Value: 6/10
Service: 7/10 (I really appreciate speedy service)
Environment: 5/10

The Bench on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment