Saturday 1 November 2014

The Bestaurant - Sunnybank

A while ago, a couple of friends and myself bought a groupon for The Bestaurant ($70 for 4 people). 

We had gone there previously on several occasions when it had first opened, but because hot pot is a seasonal kind of cuisine (we only eat it in the colder months), I hadn't been back for quite a while.











I wont go into much of the details in explaining each photo, but the Bestaurant operates on a DIY basis, where you collect food, and cook it on your table top, either as a hot pot or as a bbq (set on top of the hot pot). This time round, I found there to be a significant decrease in the variety of foods available, The beef and lamb available was also very very unfresh, as you can see in its shading. Other than that, I still enjoyed making my own sauces, and their provision of soft drinks. I did miss their previous bbq skewers, which were like those available in Little Lamb, and did not particularly like their bbq set on top of their hot pot.

For $17.50 per person, it was no doubt good value for a buffet, however whilst I could have found it acceptable to reduce the variety of foods available as a way to cut costs, serving food that was not fresh is definitely not acceptable. Their decline in quality makes me quite sad, as I did enjoy having a large range of choices in terms of Hot Pot venues in Brisbane.


Price Range: Usually $30 per person

Taste: 3/10
Value: 6/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 6/10



The Bestaurant (热火朝天) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment