Monday 3 November 2014

Melting Pot - Newstead


A while ago, a Malaysian friend of mine took me to eat authentic Malaysian food at Melting Pot. Melting Pot is situated inside the International City Church on Foster Street, had I not been taken there, it would never have occurred to me that there was a restaurant there.





The environment was pretty basic, keeping in line with the charitable nature of the place. (My friend explained to me that all profits from the restaurant go to charity, and even the waiters are volunteers. I was very impressed by this)


We were provided table water even before we had ordered. I found their service particularly attentive and efficient.



This is the Char Kway Teo, my friend explained that this is the signature dish of Malaysia. My friend explained that the essential ingredients in it include: Chinese Sausage, Fish Cake, Fish Ball, Egg, Bean Sprouts, Prawns and Egg. I tried a little bit of it, and was surprised that it wasnt spicy. I particularly liked the mix of flavours and how some of the noodles were slightly crispy.


This was the bermuda chicken, it had an interesting sort of batter and was served with salad and rice.


I ordered the Chicken Ho Fun Soup. I was a bit concerned when it was set down, when I saw that the soup looked really light, whether it would be enough to give flavour to the whole dish. Actually, the soup was very yummy. The quantity of Chicken was also very ample, and the flat rice noodles were not overdone (its often overdone in a lot of other places).

Overall, I really enjoyed my time at Melting Pot, I found it especially admirable that the place was charitable. I would definitely make an effort to go back to the place, despite it being northside, whilst I am based in southside.

Price Range: $10 - $15 per person

Taste: 7/10
Value: 8/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 6/10



Melting Pot on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment