Saturday 15 November 2014

Ramen Champion - Sunnybank


Of the new eateries that opened along the outside wall of Sunny Park, there is no question that my main interest was always going to be Ramen Champion (because I LOVE Japanese food (in case anyone missed that)).



I really liked its decor, being a fusion of modern and traditional Japanese Styles.



Ramen Champion is a bit different from a lot of the other restaurants in Sunnybank, it operates under an 'order and pay at the counter first' system. After ordering, we were given a number, and waited for our food with anticipation.


This is the Miso Ramen, which my friend ordered, it looks similar to the Champion Ramen which I ordered, but with slightly darker soup, but it tastes substancially different. The soup had a very very strong miso taste, and was very thick and creamy.


I really enjoyed my Champion Ramen. The soup was creamy, without being overly heavy and fatty, the egg was the right consistency, and the pork was in strip form (as opposed to circular form). I did find the portion a bit small though, as the meal wasn't enough to sustain me until dinner. Next time I go, I'll probably order a side dish with it.

Price Range: $10 - $15 per person

Taste: 8.5/10
Value: 8/10
Service: 6/10 (everything was mostly DIY)
Environment: 7/10



Ramen Champion on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment