Friday 31 July 2015

Dandelion & Driftwood - Clayfield


Wanting to feel more mature and responsible, I woke up early one morning and decided to have brunch with a friend. He suggested that we try out Dandelion & Driftwood in the wild Northside of Brisbane. As far as I could make out, its situated in suburbia at Clayfield, north of Brisbane River (where I rarely venture).


I found the store to be rather quaint. It didnt seem like it could fit in many customers though.


Each table had fresh flowers, salt shakers and interestingly, sugar lumps (which I've never encountered before yet) in a commercial context.



My friend ordered the Orange Ceylon Tea, which he found rather refreshing and fruity. It was an interesting way to start the day.


I opted for the Siphon Coffee, which I had tried in another cafe overseas. What I really enjoy about siphon coffee is actually watching the coffee drip down through the system. In this instance, I didnt get the pleasure of enjoying it, but was rather served with the end product, being Geisha Blend. I also found it to be very fruity, specifically citrusy. It was a nice change, but I prefer my usual Japanese imported drip coffee more.


For our breakfast, we shared one serving of "The Drifter Woman", which contained Potato Rostis, Onion Marmalade, Bacon, Egg, Spinach and garnished with Chives. I found it to be quite a wholesome and delicious breakfast, which I could eat without much guilt. The bacon didn't have too much fat, and the spinach made sure that the dish was well balanced. The onion marmalade was an interesting addition, and I liked the comfort of eggs for breakfast. What I liked most though, was definitely the potato rosti, which was crispy but not to oily.

Price Range: $20 - $30 per person

Taste: 7.5/10
Value: 6/10
Service: 7.5/10
Environment: 8/10




Click to add a blog post for Dandelion & Driftwood on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment