Wednesday 1 July 2015

Victory Hotel - Brisbane CBD


On my quest to try steaks near my workplace, one of the places which I've heard quite a number of mixed reviews about was The Victory. Opinions from different people I've spoken to have been very divided, some claim its the best steak in Brisbane, whilst some say its quite horrible. After hearing such conflicting information, I thought it would probably be best to try it myself to find out whether it was indeed good or bad once and for all. 

Situated on the corner of Edward Street, a stone throw away from Le Bon Choix's new premises, it was a short 5 minute walk from work.


I ordered my meal, and was given a buzzer. There was a bit of confusion with getting the drink, but in the end it was sorted out.


I tried the lunch special, being the 12 Hour Slow Cooked Prime Rib served with Caesar Salad and Chips. In terms of the sides, I could thoroughly say that I was impressed. Other pubs dont offer Caesar on the side, which is by far my favourite salad, and the chips were nicely seasoned with herbs. Aside from that though, I found the steak quite horrible. It was tough, dry and hard. Even the pepper sauce couldn't really salvage it. I was really quite disappointed.



My companion ordered the 200g Graziers Rump. Having heard my complaints about my steak, he offered me some of his. Whilst I found his steak to be rather thinly cut, it was a significant improvement on my own. For medium rare, it still had a tinge of pink. Although it was tough, it was definitely not as overcooked as my dish.








Price Range: $10 - $25 per person

Taste: 3/10
Value: 5/10
Service: 5/10
Environment: 6/10


Click to add a blog post for Victory Hotel on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment