Saturday 11 June 2016

Aquila Caffe - Brisbane CBD


As quite a few of my readers are aware, I work along Eagle Street. Aquila (despite missing the sign in my picture), which is also situated along Eagle Street, is quite a popular lunch spot for team lunches, which is how I got to try it out a couple weeks ago.


We got a table outside, but despite the apparent counter, they had table service, which suited our preferences and avoided a bit of confusion on our part.


The lunch menu contained a large variety of foods, including pizzas, pasta, sandwiches and salads. With a reasonably large group of us, we were able to order a bit of everything.


My neighbour on one side ordered the Moroccan Lamb salad, which contained cous cous, spinach, dried tomato, eggplant, red onions, olives and tzatziki. The sauce was very ample, and my colleague enjoyed it quite a bit.


My other neighbour ordered the Pepperoni Pizza, which was a little smaller than we had expected, and the base was neither thick like a deep pan, nor thin like the other bases you get at Julius or Beccofino. My colleague liked how much pepperoni was on the pizza was topped with, and the generous lashing of cheese on top.


I had the Polo Pane Griglia, which came with quite a bit of salad. The bread was crusty but quite chewy for me, and whilst the portion of chicken was ample, I suspect they may have missed out on the sauce, as it was quite dry and bland for me. 

Price Range: $10 - $20pp

Taste: 7/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 7/10

Aquila Caffe Bar Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment