Friday 24 June 2016

Three Blue Ducks at the Farm - Byron Bay


Last week, I found myself on a road trip to no other than the infamous Three Blue Ducks, situated on The Farm at Byron Bay, just south of the border. It took quite a long drive to get there, and we definitely had some trouble finding the entrance to the farm, but after a good two hours on the road, we finally got there.


   



Unfortunately it was a bit overcast on the day, but thankfully it didn't rain.



Other than a restaurant, the farm also consisted of a grocery store and a bakery (which is where I also bought ingredients for my dinner).



Upon waiting at the entrance, we were soon given a table quite quickly due to the fact we had arrived way past lunch time at 2pm.

 

We had arrived just in time for the end of the lunch period, and made our order from the menu selection available. 


Water was provided very quickly, which we really appreciated.


After grabbing our table, I took a short break to walk around and appreciate the surroundings, I came back to the food and drink having already arrived. For starters, we ordered a portion of the sourdough from the bread social, swerved with house churned butter. It was very delicious, with a chewy crust, but a soft squishy interior. The butter was smooth and delicious, and we enjoyed it very much.


My companion and I ordered the same main, being the slow cooked beef brisket with smoked potato mayo, beer mustard, farm dill pickle and buttermilk onion ring. I was really impressed with the portion size, especially with how big the slab of beef brisket was. The beef itself was very tender, and I appreciated how the fat had mostly been rendered, so we were left with sinewy, meaty goodness. I also loved the beer mustard, which tasted a bit like freshly ground wasabi. The potato mayo added a bit of texture to an otherwise smooth and rich sauce, and the onion rings were freshly fried and very crunchy.


My companion really enjoyed his Killer Bee Blend flat white, which was served hot and strong.


Having missed out on my morning tea, I opted to try their Big Red Robe, and really appreciated how the blend had a strong smokey taste which was quite comforting. 

Price Range: $25 - $40pp

Taste: 8/10
Value: 6/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 7/10


Three Blue Ducks - The Farm Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment