Wednesday 8 June 2016

Pourboy - Brisbane CBD


Before I worked at Eagle Street, I worked near Adelaide Street and one of my go to places for lunch was Pourboys, which is situated on Wharf Street, near the top of Adelaide Street. After moving though, I haven't had much chance to go back until a friend suggested that I go again last week.


We were seated inside the restaurant, and since we were eating in, they had table service. One of the things that I really like about Pourboys is how they change their menus seasonally, whilst retaining their customer favourites.


We both ordered our shared favourite, the infamous dark horse frappe, which was made with fresh espresso and home made gelato. I love how refreshing the drink was, with its strong vanilla taste and smooth texture, we really enjoyed it.


We shared both sandwiches, this was the croque madame, which the kitchen kindly cut for us. The egg was perfectly poached, and had quite a runny yolk which was absorbed into the bread. The bread was wonderfully toasted with a crusty crunchy exterior, whilst retaining a relatively soft interior. The ham was sufficiently thick cut without being too chunky, and I loved the melty cheese inside.


We also got Pourboy Burger and some shoestring fries to share. 


The Cheese Burger contained Wagyu Beef with Swiss Cheese, Mustard, Tomato Sauce and Pickles. I found the sesame on the bun a little disappointing (as my preference is no sesame) but none the less forgivable as the bun was very fluffy. In particular I liked how the Swiss Cheese was infused onto the patty, it was very comforting. The beef patty was soft and melted in my mouth. Overall we enjoyed the Cheese Burger and felt it was quite a traditional take on a crowd favourite. 


As a bonus treat we ordered a side of shoestring fries to compliment our mains. The serving was very generous but we both agreed it was a little pricey. However having said that my companion enjoyed the seasoning very much and munched away at it with much relish. 


Price Range:

Taste: 8/10
Value: 6/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 7/10

Pourboy Espresso Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment