Friday 24 June 2016

Espresso and Matcha's Flash trip to Hobart - Pilgrim Coffee


Having thought that I had finished travelling for the year, I was surprised to have found myself in Hobart last week for a flash one day trip. For the one meal that I did have there, I had it at Pilgrim Coffee, which happens to be quite a popular joint with the locals. 


We arrived at the awkward time of 10.30am, being after the breakfast rush, but well before the lunch peak hour. The cold outside made the rustic interior all the more warm and welcoming for us, as we were given a table inside.


The menu consisted of a few food items, and a larger selection of drinks.


My companion, being a flat white connoisseur, ordered his usual, and really enjoyed the frothiness of the milk.


As usual, I ordered a cappuccino, and really enjoyed how the cocoa was dissolved into the foam (thus alleviating the risk of my inhaling the cocoa and creating an embarrassing scene).


Our food came in soon after the coffee.


My colleague opted for the Pilgrim Breakfast, without beans and mushrooms. It came with two slices of freshly toasted sourdough, poached eggs, bacon and kale. The eggs were slightly underdone for my preferences, but my companion seemed to really like it. The bacon was cooked to a nice crisp, and the kale was fresh and delicious. 


I ordered the strawberries and cream, which had roasted strawberries, baked cream, with green tea, and sesame seeds served with what felt like crumbed biscuits. This was quite a unique style of morning tea, unlike my usual brunches at Double Shot. The cream tasted like panna cotta, which was quite delicious. I would have liked for there to be a lot more green tea, on the cream though. The strawberries were roasted to quite a tender soft texture, and the crumbled biscuits gave the dish an added texture and substance.

Price Range: $15 - $25pp

Taste: 8/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 8/10


Pilgrim Coffee Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment