Saturday 4 June 2016

Death Star Canteen - Brisbane CBD


No doubt my readers will have heard of the long awaited Death Star Canteen, which I've been waiting for since the initially planned opening, May the 4th. It was only after lunch one day that I received a text from a friend saying that it had opened. Needless to say, I popped down to get a coffee and investigate the food.


We were greeted at the door by no other than R2-D2, which was an unmistakable sign that we had arrived at our destination. 


Despite the espresso bar facing the street, the lineup for coffee and food was inside.


The menu consisted of a number of sandwiches and mains. I only realized after I got home that the photo was not clear enough.


Luckily, there was a better version I found online. Having been to a number of themed restaurants over the years (my favourite being Charlie Brown Cafe), I was surprised that the owners didnt throw in some Star Wars puns into the menu.

Nevertheless, there were a few storm troopers on the wall, and one hanging in a hammock near the ceiling.


As we already had lunch, we didnt get any of the sandwiches, made a note to go back and try some as soon as possible, as they looked quite delicious.


In light of the absence of snack-y options, we opted for two coffees instead - the negotiations were short.


My coffee was one of the more milkier ones, with quite a smooth and silky texture, but it didn't have a strong coffee taste. Whilst it was nowhere near as rich as Coop Espresso's coffee, I did appreciate the low bitterness and acidity in the coffee which really hit the spot after my afternoon crash.

Price Range: $5 - $15pp

Taste: 7/10
Value: 8/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 7/10


Death Star Canteen Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment