Saturday 1 April 2017

Espresso & Matcha's Delectable Tarriance: Perth - West End Deli


Landing in Perth in the middle of the night, the first thing on my mind after waking up was breakfast. Having only eaten three quarters of a cheesecake for dinner (forgoing the dinner served on the plane), I was famished and craved for some savory food. Wandering out of oru hotel, we found a quaint little cafe not too far and headed in for some breakfast.


I liked the rustic bohemian setup, and was strongly reminded of our own West End in Brisbane. Arriving quite early (due to the time difference), we easily got a table. 


The menu consisted of quite a few breakfast items and coffee. Naturally, the build your own breakfast option captured our attention.


Drinks wise, my companion opted for the flat white, whilst I had the cappuccino. We enjoyed our drinks which were quite strong and gave us the caffeine hit that we needed so desperately. Whilst I have definitely had richer, smoother milk, this was not too bad.


I started with the eggs and toast, and was surprised that they came just as is on their plate (without the sides that we ordered). For $13, I found it to be quite steep for two eggs and two pieces of toast. The eggs were poached quite well, with a thick but definitely runny centre. The sourdough was considerably dense and very filling.


Our sides came right after our eggs and toast.


My companion ordered the double smoked bacon steak, which was extremely thick cut, and had a very very smokey flavour. Whilst he really enjoyed it, I would have definitely preferred thin cut bacon more.


My companion also ordered a bowl of kale, which was fresh and crunchy, but also a little steep at $5 for one little bowl.


We also shared a hash brown, which was really well seasoned and came in a neat little rectangle for our plate. The exterior was very crunchy and delicious whilst the inside was not too lumpy but also not too smooth.


On the theme of potatoes, I also got a serve of croquettes, which came as two long crumbed sticks on a sour cream and chive base. The batter for the croquettes were a little thick, but I loved the delicious well seasoned cheesy corny centre. 


Craving avocadoes, I also got the mint and pea avocado for my toast. Whilst the avocado was ripe, rich and creamy, the added peas in the mixture didn't really work for me due to the change in texture.


Price Range:

Taste: 7/10
Value: 5/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 8/10


West End Deli Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment