Saturday 1 April 2017

Espresso & Matcha's Delectable Tarriance: Perth - Char Char Bull - Freemantle


After a big breakfast, we hardly stopped for lunch, but rather made it through to dinner before having some time to sit down for a serious meal. Driving out to Freemantle to admire the sunset before dinner, we had a table booked at Char Char Bull at the harbour for a delicious steak dinner.


 
Arriving at 6.15pm, we were one of the only tables there. I really liked the quiet and casual yet elegant atmosphere of the restaurant. Service was also quite attentive and warm as well.


Like most steakhouses, they had a large variety of steaks on offer, along with a selection of non steak items.


My companion settled with a red wine, whilst I opted for water, and took some time to admire the view. 


Before we knew it, our food came.


My companion had the scotch fillet with a side of mushroom sauce. It came with the default side of potatoes. He quite enjoyed the dish and remarked that the steak was quite tender.


On the other hand, I had the T-Bone with pepper sauce. I had the potatoes changed to chips instead for my side, and my alteration was taken without any difficulty. The chips I had were very crunchy and tasty, especially dipped in the spicy pepper sauce. Unfortunately for me though, my steak was quite chewy and had quite a few tendons throughout, though to their credit, my steak was cooked rare as requested.


Between the two of us, we shared two sides. My companion was really keen on the onion rings which were super crunchy however were a little heavy on the butter. It came with a delicious miso dipping sauce that balanced it out quite a bit.


We also had the caesar salad. The lettuce was really roughly sliced and the croutons and bacon were also very chunky, a little too chunky for my liking actually, that it impeded me eating it without getting pieces on myself. Nevertheless it was very well seasoned and both the bacon and croutons were very crunchy

Price Range: $50 - $70pp

Taste: 6.5/10
Value: 6/10
Service: 9/10
Environment: 9/10


Char Char Bull Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment