Saturday 1 April 2017

Espresso & Matcha's Delectable Tarriance: Perth - U&I Cafe


Waking up from the long night before, I only had time for one last breakfast before heading back to Brisbane. Having wandered through Northbridge the night before, I was surprised that none of the places were open for breakfast, that is, until I glanced the massive "24 hr pho" sign at U&I cafe. Intrigued, we headed inside. 


Service was super prompt. We were seated and ordered within five minutes. It was so efficient that I completely forgot to take photos of the menu, and before we knew it, my breakfast had arrived. I ordered the rare beef pho, which came with the usual sprouts. I really enjoyed the soup which was strongly seasoned, and the rare tender beef. The portion was quite generous, and the noodles also had quite a good texture.


My colleague and I also had the hot Vietnamese white coffee to start our day. Despite asking for my coffee to be less sweet, we were advised that it already had a set amount of condensed milk set in the cup. It was served in a warm water bath, which was a little confusing, as the espresso was quite hot anyway. Mixing it through, the coffee was still quite strong, and very very sweet, but I did like to not have the distraction of milky foam on the coffee though. It definitely kick started my day.

Price Range: $10 - $20pp

Taste: 8/10
Value: 8/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 6/10

U & I Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment