Tuesday 11 April 2017

Kith n Chow - Mt Gravatt


After the coffee at Best Florist Espresso Bar, I awaited my table at the ever popular Kith n Chow. Having arrived at 9.30AM on a Saturday morning, I guess that was their peak hour. I was lucky to be second in line, with a considerable number of people arriving right after I got put on the waiting list.

 

After around 20 minutes, we got a table. The menu contained quite a few of the standdard breakfast options, including a bacon and egg stack, haloumi stack and waffles, but we were here for one thing and one thing only. 


Ordering at the truck, we were given a cute playing card number.


After a 15 minute wait, our food arrived. As alluded to, we ordered the infamous breakfast board for two. It came with a large assortment of food including four slices of sourdough, four rashers of bacon, two pieces of haloumi, two eggs, some smoked salmon, two bowls of yoghurt and a large amount of tomatoes and salad. I was really quite impressed with the calibre of the breakfast platter. The haloumi was fried to a near perfect crispiness, without drying out. The sourdough was quite dense and filling as well, but I would have liked some avocado or butter to spread on it. The yoghurt and granola were delicious, with a texture almost akin to ice cream, I really enjoyed it. I also really liked the fried tomatoes which had slightly charred bits on it. The only major letdown we had was the fact that there were so many flies pestering us during our breakfast, but as the cafe was open air, I guess it couldn't be avoided. 

Price Range: $10 - $20pp

Taste: 8/10
Value: 8/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 5/10


Kith 'n' Chow Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment