Wednesday 26 April 2017

Hot Cake House - Brisbane CBD


Walking to the bus stop after work one day, I couldn't help but notice that Hot Cake House from Sunnybank Plaza had opened up a branch in the CBD, opposite Krispy Kreme. With prices still under $2.50 a piece, it made for a cheap afternoon snack, so I grabbed two to eat on the way home.


Ordering at the counter, I noticed that they had a lot more control over their stock levels. When I go to their Sunnybank store, usually half or all of the flavours I pick are sold out, and I have to wait around to have some freshly made. They seemed to have at least a few of each flavour in the CBD though.

 

Despite being already made by the time I picked them up, my hot cakes were still quite warm. Both the coffee and matcha flavours were very strong, but not overbearing, and had a mild sweetness that didn't overcome the main flavours. The custard inside was smooth and comforting and the pastry wasn't overly thick. It made for a fast and delicious afternoon treat.

Price Range: Under $2.50 per piece

Taste: 8/10
Value: 9/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 7/10
Hot Cake House Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment