Thursday 20 April 2017

Kinn Imm - Brisbane CBD


After a very trying day at work, I was grateful to have a lunch meetup with BrisvEGustation to try out Kinn Imm at situated opposite New Shanghai at Queens Plaza. Having been open for a little while now, I was surprised to arrive to a bit of a line. 


With the menu situated outside, I liked the ability to peruse my options before getting a seat.


Despite the line, we were able to get a table very quickly, within 5 minutes. Service was very fast throughout, with customers coming and going at quite a fast pace.


We were given two menus, one lunch special menu with relatively simpler and cheaper dishes, and one a la carte menu.


Our drinks came quite promptly, BrisvEGustation had the Thai Milk Tea, whilst I had the Thai Iced Coffee. Quite a few of my readers would know, I like to have my drinks with reduced sugar, so I can have a better appreciation of the other flavours in the drink without the sweetness overload. Unfortunately, the drinks were premade, so I didn't have this option. My coffee, apart from being very very sweet, did have some relatively strong coffee, although it really wasn't that fragrant.


For my main, I ordered a Stewed Beef Soup, and got the extra rice noodles. The noodles were thin and rather tender, I really enjoyed them and only wish they had a bit more. The beef was strongly flavoured, although parts were a little more fatty than I would have liked. The meatballs were also quite delicious, and the soup had a herbal homey flavour to it.


To share, we got a portion of garlic and chive dumplings, which were served piping hot fresh from the frier. Although I liked how crunchy it was, I found the outside batter to be very very thick, to the point where the interior was soft and doughy. There was quite a bit of chives inside, but the garlic was somewhat lost on me. We both agreed that it was quite bland and would have been rather tasteless had it not been for the sauce provided on the side. I was also a little surprised at the complete lack of meat on the inside.

Price Range: $15 - $25pp

Taste: 7/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 8/10

Kinn Imm Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment