Sunday 2 April 2017

New York Baguette - Sunnybank Hills


Last week I found myself wandering around Sunnybank Hills shoppingtown whilst awaiting a friend to show up for our lunch date. Wandering around, I found myself outside of the New York Baguette Bakery. Whilst the signage made it clear that it was a Korean Bakery rather than an American Bakery, my curiosity got the better of me and I headed in to take a look at what they had.


Despite the large range of breads for sale, I ended up leaving with a whole angel food cake, specifically orange flavour. Having attempted to make one and failing miserably (twice), $6.50 felt like a small price to pay if the cake was what I had expected (considering I often pay $8 for a slice at Sinmei).


And so I took it home to serve up for afternoon tea.


The cake was super light and fluffy, which was fitting for an angel food cake. Having said that, despite my having purchased the orange cake, the orange flavour was at best very light. Nevertheless, I really enjoyed the cake, but would probably add some cream or ice cream to it to ensure it has some more moisture. 

Price Range: Under $10pp

Taste: 7/10
Value: 9/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 8/10

New York Baguette Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment