Tuesday 8 January 2019

Campos Long Island - Newstead


Having been a fan of Campos when it was situated at Wandoo Street at Fortitude Valley, it was undeniable that they had outgrown their lodgings as we've never able to go there for brunch without a considerable wait for a table. Needless to say that I was pleased to hear that they moved to Newstead. Being in dire need of encouragement, I headed out to a long brunch mid week and checked it out.


Compared to their old store, it was definitely far more spacious, and I was easily able to score an inside seat.

 

As you would expect, there was a full drinks menu, heavily focused on coffee. There was also a fair few brunch options, a many of which piqued my interest. Service was super attentive and fast too.


Water and cutlery were provided quickly.


My skinny cappuccino came fairly quickly after. It was strong and bold as you would expect from campos. The milk was wonderfully rich and I liked the latte art as well. 


Food came soon after.


This was the Long Island Fry Up, being their version of a big breakfast. It was supposed to contain bacon, sausage, mushroom, eggs, avocado, tomato, hash, haloumi and sourdough. Unfortunately they missed the avocado on the first go. 


Flagging down the waitstaff though, this was easily rectified. As you can see, the dish was brimming with breafasty goodness. The bacon was fried wonderfully, avocado was tender, hash was crispy mushrooms were well seasoned too. Normally I would prefer two slices of sourdough over one, but in this instance there was so much on the plate, I didn't mind the lack of a second slice. My only issue was with the saltiness of the sausage and the fact that the eggs had shell fragments in it. 


To round off the meal, I tried a Canele from Bella and Tortie which happened to be in their pastry cabinet that day. Having heard much about them, I was super keen to try it out. I ended up getting the double chocolate one. The texture was like a brownie but chewier. The cream was dense and rich but also quite smooth. I liked the intense chocolate flavours without excessive sweetness, it was a nice way to end the meal.



Price Range: $20 - $30pp

Taste: 8/10 (could have been 9 if there weren't shells in my egg)
Value: 9/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 9/10

Campos Long Island Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment