Tuesday 29 January 2019

Espresso & Matcha's Epicurean Quest - Melbourne: Short Stop


We didn't get to have dessert at Calia as we were quite full, but after walking around for a bit and digesting our meal, Adam's doughnut craving hit. Being a fan of the very popular Short Stop Donuts in Sydney and Melboune, we navigated the maze of laneways and found our way there just in time for afternoon tea. 


I love walking into a place and being able to see the chefs at work. Was glad to see this at Short Stop and it reminded me a little of Lune.


Also like lune, the flavours for the day were displayed rather than on a menu. I loved how the options change every day. Prices were not cheap, at around $4 - $6 a donut, but it was worth it and the crowds of people agree. I have to make a note to come back for their coffee too.


No doubts as to which two doughnuts we picked ;)


Within 5 minutes of us walking in, I had a little bag of happiness in my hands.

 

I went for the triple matcha and he had the dark chocolate filled with peanut butter. Both had a really delicious texture that was not as bread-y as doughnut time but denser and chewier than krispy kreme. Put simply, it had substance. My matcha was intense without excessive bitterness nor undue sugar. His dark chocolate wasn't overly dark, being only a little darker than milk, but the peanut made it all the better for him.

Price Range: $4 - $6 per dougnut

Taste: 8.5/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 8/10

Shortstop Coffee & Donuts Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment