Saturday 19 January 2019

Espresso & Matcha's Epicurean Quest - Melbourne: Unabara Lobster and Oyster Bar


So, earlier in the year, I had made plans to visit Melbourne alone to indulge in some alone time away from people, so that I could devote myself to solitude, eating and blogging especially whilst my two besties were overseas. Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it, Adam decided that he would crash my trip and freeload off my thoroughly planned out eating schedule, and so my quest for me time became a sort of gluttonous romantic getaway of sorts. So kicking off our trip, we abstained from breakfast in Brisbane to conserve stomach space, took an early flight down and checked into the Airbnb. By the time our bags were dropped, we were absolutely famished. Running, not walking over to the Emporium, we made it to our first stop, Unabara Lobster and Oyster bar without any casualties. 



Having done my research beforehand (you're welcome, Adam). I knew that there were slight differences in the menu between the Emporium and Melbourne Central store. I opted for the Melbourne Central one as the choices were more suited to my palate.


Having heard of the long queues at peak hour, it was lucky we arrived at 3pm and were able to get a seat. I couldn't have guaranteed the safety of other patrons had we been made to line up. Menus were in abundance, and there were so many options. It would have taken me at least 15 minutes to go through them all if I hadn't preplanned, but I had and we ordered without second thought.


Water, hand wash and serviettes were provided with a shell cracker to get us ready for what was to come.


Although it wasn't too long, it felt like an eternity before our food was served. I almost cried with joy when I saw the spread.


Too excited to remember to take an individual shot of my drink, this was the lemon uji green tea. Cold and crisp, it tasted like I was drinking yuzu sorbet, but for almost $8 a cup, it was expensive.


The main event was of course the lobster and seafood Sapporo miso ramen. Containing half a lobster, one scallop, one prawn in addition to egg and charsiu in soupy goodness, it was a steal at $33. The seafood was unbelievably fresh, well portioned and not overcooked. I loved how meaty the lobster was (made especially tasty when you have an instagram celebrity deshelling it for you). Soup was rich and creamy, noodles were soft just as I like it to be. Loved this bowl.



Also taking the time to try their other specialty, this was the Tokyo Lobster Roll, marking my first lobster roll ever. The brioche bun was soft and sweet, there was ample amounts of lobster inside, seasoned with kewpie wasabi mayo, nori, onions and tobiko. I loved how tender the lobster was and how the flavours just complemented each other so well. Sides of salad and chips also added to the experience of euphoria in my mouth. Perfect way to start the trip.

Price Range: $25 - $35pp

Taste: 9.5/10
Value: 8/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 8/10

Unabara Lobster & Oyster Bar Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment