Sunday 6 January 2019

Espresso & Matcha's Epicurean Quest - Melbourne: Larder Selection


In my opinion, nothing defines Melbourne as much as laneways, coffee and unstable weather. Fortunately, Iron Fist and I were able to experience all three of these things at once as we walked down Hardware lane dragging our luggage with us before a mid morning flight. Not doing too much research beforehand, we browsed the menus outside cafes as we walked down the laneway and settled on Larder Selection which was fairly busy so early in the morning (a sure sign that the food must be pretty good!)


Although there were some seats outside, we opted for inside to get out of the wind and rain. Bench seats which allowed us to look at the street whilst not being in it is always welcome.


The menu contained standard brunch fare. We both instantly knew what we wanted and gave our order to the waiter promptly.


 

He had his flat white and I my cappuccino. Both were strong with a good body, slight bitterness but low acidity, just the way I like it, but my cappuccino could have had a tad less cocoa on top.


It was no surprise really that we both ordered the same thing, the big brekky, except I ordered mine with an extra portion of avocado (which is probably why I'll never be able to afford that house deposit now).


Trading some of my spinach for his tomato, my dish also had a piece of sourdough, two poached eggs, some bacon and a sausage. I was a little disappointed that we only had one slice of bread, which was crusty on the outside but not too soft on the inside. Eggs were poached well to have a fully cooked white but a runny yolk. Bacon was crispy, spinach was fresh and lamb was well seasoned. Would have liked for the tomato to be just a little more caramelised too.

Price Range: $20 - $30pp


Taste: 7/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 7/10

Larder Section Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment