Wednesday 2 January 2019

Tsuki Patisserie - Spring Hill


Friends would know that there is very little I find more enjoyable than Japanese Pastries. Unlike "some people" who load themselves up on sugar on an undiscriminating basis, I prefer my sweets to be more subtle and refined, which is why I was super excited to see a new Japanese Patisserie open in Spring Hill. Being walking distance from work makes it a real risk being so proximate. Wanting to check it out, Adam and I made a quick trip on Saturday morning in hope that all the cakes would still be in stock. 


My strategy proved useful as we arrived to a fully stocked pastry cabinet, and it was really difficult for me to make my decision when I wanted them all!


Aside from the standard coffee options, there was also some unique drinks such as charcoal latte, taro latte and red velvet latte. I actually really wanted to try the charcoal latte, but they were out of stock.

 

Of course Adam really wanted to have some of the fruit tea, as he was easily distracted by their cute signage. Like the charcoal latte though, they weren't available that morning. Other than cakes though, they had an assortment of danishes and croissants for those wanting other options.


It took a while, but our food and drink came.


 

With our preferred options both unavailable, we reverted to our usual orders. He had an iced long black and I had an iced matcha. The iced long black was fairly warm and had one ice cube in it only, which melted quite quickly and didn't do much to lower the temperature of the drink. My matcha latte was quite strong, naturally unsweetened and thankfully didn't come with a powdery texture as well as a few more ice cubes.


We had two pieces of cake to share, this was the Cloud, a delightful piece of cake with elements of lemon and black tea. I loved the crisp and thin shell encasing the refreshing but creamy lemon mousse. There were also a couple layers of black tea cake sandwiched between the mousse, this was soft with a refined texture and extremely fragrant.which I really liked. It was a very delicate piece of art and I would definitely go back for this cake alone.



Our second shared cake was the matcha crepe cake. With the prevalence of matcha crepe cakes in Brisbane lately, it becomes fairly easy for me to draw comparisons and distinctions. I would find it far superior to the ones we've had at icing hill and heeretea, and nearly identical to the offerings at b and c lab. Although the price point is intimidating, at $9.50 a slice, I guess that the convenience of not having to make the trip to Kelvin Grove makes up for it. Each layer of crepe was soft and moist with a perfect amount of matcha creme between it. I like how the top wasn't overly dry like some places and especially enjoyed the overall texture. A strong fragrant matcha also makes it all the more irresistible! 


Price Range: $15 - $20pp


Taste: 7/10 (drinks need work, cakes alone 9/10)
Value: 6/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 7/10

Tsuki Patisserie Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment