Tuesday 29 January 2019

Todd and Pup - Moorooka


Like my follow zomato reviewers, Adam and I were invited by Todd and Pup owner Kate to try out their new summer menu. Having gone just seven months ago, we were keen to try out the refreshing new options. Kicking off the Australia Day weekend, Adam and I went with the Brisvegustation family for a delightful brunch before the long weekend of bingeing. 



Arriving earlier than everyone one else has its perks, I got to peruse the menu extensively before other people arrived so that I could weigh up all options and make the best choice out of all the dishes. Quite a few light fruity options, they were definitely hard to resist.


Adam got his usual cold drip. Strong and crisp, it was refreshing against the summer heat. Trying some myself, I liked the fruity notes to it.


Having a late night before, I had a cappuccino in a bowl with an extra shot, thus coming to a total of four shots. Rich and creamy, the extra caffeine hit definitely woke me up.


Like last time, the food took roughly 20 mins to arrive, and it was quite a spread.


Mrs Brisvegustation had the Festive Breakfast, comprising of ham off the bone, basil, red wine glaze, peach, poached eggs, bocconcini and sourdough, it was definitely an unusual combination. Having seen it in quite a few people's posts of late, I was skeptical about sliced peaches in an egg dish, but Mrs Brisvegustation said that the peach was not overly sweet or ripe so it complimented the dish well.


Matchmaker extraordinaire, Brisvegustation had the summer battered fish and chips with house battered barramundi, hand cut chips, pickled slaw and tartare sauce. This was well received and the tartare was much appreciated.


Always one for dessert at breakfast, Adam had Todd's Summer Hotcake, it contained one burnt butter hotcake, white chocolate, maple syrup and vanilla ice cream with sprinkled almonds. He found the hotcake to be quite dense and heavy but still soft. It really filled him up. Special mention to the ice cream, its almost like the ice cream at Todd and Pup never melts, must be magical ice cream.


Not deviating from my usual (cue Adam's eye roll), I had bacon and eggs on toast with a side of avocado and garlic mushrooms. The mushrooms were definitely garlicy and extremely pungent, I loved it, but I'm not sure Adam liked smelling it on my breath for the rest of the day. Avocado was ripe and seasoned lightly with herbs, bacon was crispy, eggs were done really well. Only improvement would be to have the sourdough on the side rather than under everything else, as it became quite soggy under the mushroom and bacon juices. 

Espresso and Matcha were invited guests of Todd and Pup, but as always our opinions are solely our own.


Price Range: $20 - $30pp

Taste: 8.5/10
Value: 8/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 8/10

Todd & Pup Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment