Friday 11 January 2019

Pho Sai Gon - Sunnybank Hills


Having seen that renovations were complete at our local yum cha restaurant Haoke, I was keen to try. Apparently the rest of Sunnybank was too, with lines out the door and hour long queues. Being the impatient girl that I am, I cut our losses quickly and sourced a nearby alternative for lunch. Vietnamese Pho at Pho Sai Gon. Loved by many, despised by a few, I had yet to try it despite living only five minutes away.

 

We grabbed the last indoors table and were provided menus very quickly. With its selection of rice and noodle dishes, everyone was easily satisfied. 


Complimentary tea could be obtained via self service, a refreshing change from the compulsory tea charge at yumcha.


My first companion had the crispy chicken with rice. He got what he ordered, no more and no less. The chicken was crispy outside and juicy inside, dipping sauce gave it some added tang and the rice was a fairly standard quantity. Unlike other Vietnamese restaurants which offer a few more sides and soup, this came with some raw carrots and cucumber only to balance out the meaty dish.


 

My other companion and I opted for the rare beef pho. I had the large and she the medium. For the dollar difference, my bowl was definitely a lot larger. Most of the volume though was attributed to soup rather than beef or noodles. In fact my bowl contained the least amount of rare beef that I've had in any Vietnamese restaurant in Brisbane. Noodles were still silky and smooth though, and the portion was enough, though I was expecting more for large. Soup was flavourful but lacked depth.

Price Range: $10 - $20pp

Taste: 6/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 7/10
Pho Sai Gon Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment