Monday 7 January 2019

Espresso & Matcha's Epicurean Quest - Sydney: Black Star Pastry Moore Park


Is it really a trip to Sydney without stopping by at Black Star Pastry? No it isn't. Having thought that I had gone to every single branch of Black Star in Sydney, I was surprised to hear they opened up a new one at Moore Park, which is why Iron Fist and I hit it up right after arriving. I think we may have clashed with some sort of game happening, as there were quite a few people and parking was incredibly hard to come by.


The pastry cabinet was small compared to all their other stores, and by the time we arrived, most of the baked goods were sold out. In fact the pie I ordered had sold out just before and I had to get it refunded.


Drinks were fairly standard and had quite a few of their delicious teas.


Sparkling water was freeflowing from a tap, as it should always be. Next time I've got to remember to bring a water bottle and fill up.




Reverting to basics, Iron Fist had a ham and cheese croissant as well as a flat white. The flat white was rich and creamy whilst the croissant was very crisp and flaky. Melted cheese was a delicious addition as was the meaty ham. Can't go wrong with pastries from Black Star.


Without a pie, I had my usual hojicha and a slice of their signature strawberry watemelon cake. Hojicha was toasty and warm, I wish they had a refill option, perhaps it would be worth investigating next time. The watermelon cake appears to get smaller every time I get it, and it was fairly expensive for the price, but the quality remains unchanged every single time. The watermelon was crisp and sweet while strawberries were fragrant and juicy. Love the texture of cake and only wish it were larger.


Price Range: $10 - $20pp

Taste: 8/10
Value: 6/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 8/10

Black Star Pastry Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment: